Monday, October 31, 2011

Back in the air

We took our first family trip in at least 2 months over the weekend. We flew down to see my dad in Houston.

Natali did fine. She's a travel pro. It helps that Kelli and I have travelling with a toddler down to a science. We had one diaper backpack, one backpack for us (chargers, ipads, magazine), one car seat and one Go-Go-Babyz roller. That's it.

Natali had not seen my dad in almost 4 months. She is very standoffish with new people. We were a little worried she wouldn't remember him. Not an issue. The moment we walked into the house my dad picked her up and Natali was fine. Nice.

It was a very long day. Natali woke up a little early and had just a 15 minute nap on the plane, maybe 20 minutes in the car....and that was it.

By 5PM she was spent. She slept in the car on the way to the airport for about 30 minutes. Not enough.

When Natali is tired she is happy, but volatile. She is fine as long as no one interrupts whatever she is doing. If she is walking in circles fine. Starring into infinity fine. Trying to slide off a chair...well she needs help...and here comes the crying.

Thankfully she's very easy to console. It's very rare I can't calm her down in less than 10 seconds.

DFW airport has REALLY nice kids areas. Lots of room and soft stationary play equipment. Natali loved the slide. George Bush Airport (IAH) doesn't have a play least not in the American Airlines area.

We found a somewhat empty part of the waiting area. Natali roamed for a bit. She kept signing that she was hungry and wanted "more". We showed her the apple sauce and she signed "more". Fine. After it was opened...nah.

Thankfully the plane was on time and we timed our arrival so we only waited about 30 minutes before boarding so she never got too bad.

Once on the plane she was fine. Slept for part of the flight.

Once back at DFW she was out. She slept through getting off the plane , riding the train to a different terminal and all the way home. I put her in her crib at 9:10PM. Her normal bedtime is 7PM.

This morning I decided to let her sleep in. Yeah about that.

Natali has an internal clock. Almost every morning she wakes up at 6:15AM. Today was no exception.

She stood up in her bed and cried. After 3 minutes I had enough. I brought her to our bed (Kelli left for work at 6AM) and Natali immediately fell sleep until 7:40AM.

Since today is Halloween and her day care said it was costume day I decided to dress her up.

Our great friends Eric and Angela bought Natali a Michigan State University cheerleader outfit when Natali was born. It's a 12 month outfit so it didn't fit until recently.

Over the weekend I bought Natali some stockings as it's the proper thing to wear with a cheerleader outfit...I think.

Anyways she looked adorable. Best costume of the class in my opinion.


The bottom photo looks a little funny. There was a dog's rear end pointing up originally...I used Iphoto to remove him...not a pro job...just a quickie.

Beyond that she is becoming more amazing everyday. Her vocabulary is expanding. Her current two favorite words are "uh oh" and "outside".

More soon. Trying to update at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment